Timberlane Inc, a wood and synthetic exterior shutter and garage door manufacturer is seeking a skilled Moulder Operator to join our Rough Mill team.
The Moulder Operator is responsible for the tooling, setup, and operation of Weinig Moulders in our Rough Mill Department. You facilitate the production of wood moulding by preparing/setting up moulder machines for daily operations or profile changes as required by work orders.
You ensure machines are running properly and efficiently. This position must embrace Timberlane’s Core Values: Integrity, Team, Innovation, Transparency, Growth, Energy and Details Matter.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- You can run all machinery in the Rough Mill including Weinig Moulders, Panel Saws, Rip Saw and Re Saws.
- You set up moulders for daily operation and change-overs including ability to grind and sharpen tooling.
- You troubleshoot moulders and perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- You put quality first – verifying dimensions of cut material, quality of wood and finished pieces.
- You maintain efficiency standards with a constant focus on productivity and efficiency improvements.
- You have a “hands on” leadership style with the ability to train individuals in an apprenticeship roles.
- You provide regular, detailed, and honest feedback to senior management.
- You collaborate with other members of the organization to ensure best product.
- You put safety first.
Skills & Responsibilities Required:
- Minimum 5 years of Rough Mill Wood Processing experience; Must be mechanically adept with a comprehensive understanding of common industry machinery, equipment, and tooling including moulders, panel saws, ripsaws, resaws, and CNC machining centers.
- Must be experienced and proficient in grading hardwood lumber.
- Communicating effectively and professionally at all times. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle a diverse and variable workload.
- Self-motivated and accepts responsibility for actions.
Schedule: Monday through Friday – Day Shift; with the ability to work flexible hours or weekends if needed.
See What Our Employees Are Saying
The office environment is very positive and open
I had the opportunity to intern with Timberlane Team over the Summer and I enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone in the office was very welcoming and as well as the artisans on the manufacturing floor whenever I ran into them. It is apparent that management wants its employees to succeed. For example, when goals are accomplished the team is rewarded and the office environment is very positive and open which allows for a lot of collaboration. Overall, I had a great experience working at Timberlane.
Everyone is happy and feels like they’re part of a family
Morning meetings ensure that everyone knows what the game plan is for the day. Management is great and they never make you feel like they’re above you or better than you. The after-hours activities that are set up are a very creative way to keep everyone happy and feel like they’re part of a family. Interacting with everyone is truly the best part of the job because everyone was super friendly and inviting.
I enjoy my morning commute and look forward to the week enfolding
It’s not every day you get to wake up and continue to enjoy commuting to work. I’ve had the privilege of working with a wonderful group of people who are truly masters of their craft who welcomed me to the Timberlane family with open arms.
Benefits of Working for Timberlane
Perks & Discounts
A Day in the Life of a Timberlane Woodworker
Start the day in a team huddle to stay connected on important announcements, share metrics and celebrate accomplishments.
Assemble various sized orders that are regularly shipped all across the United States.
Take your regularly scheduled break and grab a bite to eat with your fellow co-workers.
Conduct a final quality check before shutter orders leave your department.
Apply To This Position
Timberlane Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.