Rough Mill Department Lead
Timberlane, Inc., the leading US manufacturer of custom exterior window shutters is seeking an experienced Rough Mill Department Lead to join our team. The Rough Mill Department Lead is an expert in all Rough Mill operations.
This is a hands-on role responsible for operating and overseeing the organization’s wood and synthetic exterior shutter manufacturing process in the Rough Mill.
This position takes ownership of the department by managing and facilitating the production process of products with a focus on quality, efficiency and raw material yield. The Rough Mill Department Lead has a strong background working with Rough Mill Machinery including moulders, rip saws and routers.
Qualified candidates must be a dynamic, high-energy, self-motivated individual who loves a “hands on” style and has a proven track record in inspiring others to succeed. Strong coaching, training and positive team building is a must.
This position must embrace and be a champion for Timberlane’s Core Values: Integrity, Team, Innovation, Transparency, Growth, and Energy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- You are capable of running all machinery in the Rough Mill - Moulders, Panel Saws, Rip Saws, Re saws.
- You take actions required to maintain throughput and productivity.
- You build positive relationships with team members to inspire those on your team to succeed.
- You monitor the condition of the department and address housekeeping issues in the moment.
- You have a “hands on” style with strong training and team building skills.
- You put safety first.
- You provide regular, detailed and honest feedback to senior management.
- You possess an ability to inspire others to succeed.
- You collaborate with other members of the organization to ensure best product.
Skills & Experience Required
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be mechanically adept with a comprehensive understanding of common industry machinery, equipment, and tooling including moulders, panel saws, ripsaws, resaws, and CNC machining centers.
- Experience managing raw material inventory in an organized and efficient manner.
- Communicating effectively and professionally at all times. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle a diverse and variable workload.
- Self-motivated and accepts responsibility for actions.
- Minimum 5 years of Rough Mill Machining experience
Apply To This Position
Timberlane Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.