Electro Mechanical Maintenance Role
The Electro Mechanical Technician will be responsible for the Company’s machinery, equipment and related facility support functions. The primary objective of this role is to pro-actively support the manufacturing team through real-time problem resolution as well as managing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program that will minimize equipment downtime and contributes to a work environment that is both safe and productive. Additional responsibilities will include the investigation, research, and subsequent installation and start-up of any new production related equipment and solutions as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Work with production supervisors, production personnel and maintenance personnel to ensure the facility and equipment is operating safely and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all machinery in the facility, including
- Dust collection systems and all things related (conveyance, bag houses, ducting, etc.)
- Forklifts and material handling equipment
- Compressed air and vacuum systems
- Finishing lines, paint shops and overhead conveyors
- Understand function of PLC, drives and controls and have the ability to diagnose PLC programs, troubleshoot, inspect and clean components parts in PLC equipment.
- Understands the components and characteristics of gearbox setups, problems with gears and gear boxes, and gearbox overhaul. Inspect gears and gear units for lubrication problems and bearing failure
- Train production workers on basic operating and maintenance procedures with their equipment.
- Design-Build custom solutions and fixtures
- Work with the Plant Manager to enforce DEP, OSHA, and other related compliance requirements as well as local zoning requirements.
- Maintain a clean and professionally appearing facility at all times.
- Additionally, this position must embrace and be a champion for Timberlane’s Core Values: Integrity, Team, Innovation, Transparency, Growth, Energy and Details Matter.
Skills & Experience Required
- Wood industry experience a definite plus, but not required
- Welding experience
- Heavy electrical experience including high-voltage (480v)
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with high expectations
- Superior math skills
- Must have good troubleshooting skills
- Able to read electrical schematics and blue prints
- Experience implementing PM activities according to World Class manufacturing techniques
- Job requires extensive physical activity to include heavy lifting, climbing ladders, heights, etc.
Schedule: Monday through Friday – Day Shift; with the ability to work flexible hours or weekends as needed.
Apply To This Position
Timberlane Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.