(Entry Level Sales Role)
As a Product Specialist at Timberlane, Inc., 50% of your role will be to contact, engage and qualify marketing-generated leads to create a robust sales pipeline for our Account Executives. You will take point on answering decision maker’s initial product questions for both residential and commercial accounts and process orders pertaining to specific product lines available at Timberlane. Additionally, you will get to spend 50% of your time generating new leads each week through targeted prospecting and relationship-building techniques.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to start a career in sales. You will acquire knowledge of our products and processes that creates the foundation to successfully grow into our Inside Sales Account Executive role.
What does a day in the office look like:
- Be a Timberlane brand steward
- Embrace the established Timberlane CRM process and protocols for new leads
- Engage in a meaningful, brand-relevant way with prospects, supporting Timberlane’s value proposition, through a high volume of outbound phone/email activity
- Be responsive in hundreds of customer conversations per week via phone, demonstrating a deep understanding of Timberlane’s products and competitive differentiators as well as an awareness of customer needs to maximize customer progression to the next level of the sales funnel
- Be comfortable in managing a high-activity pipeline of marketing-generated leads from our current database, and achieving time-sensitive KPIs
- Be forever hungry in prospecting new leads per week via phone; and aggressively researching new lead sources to build a powerful lead generation stream
- Be customer-centric and results-oriented, supporting Timberlane brand equity and expansion
If you are a fast learner who is unsatisfied with anything short of a superstar result and you build great connections with people while consistently striving to beat your last milestone, you may be the perfect fit for this role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 1+ years’ experience in inside sales and/or phone sales, with a great track record of success.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills.
- CRM experience, Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to read architectural plans preferred, not required.
- Excellent communication skills and charismatic phone voice.
- Ability to deliver technical information over the phone in an easy to understand fashion.
- Willingness for flexible hours (nights, weekends) as business demands. Those hours can be logged remotely.
Timberlane Compensation and Benefits:
- The on-target earnings for this position is in the $32-42k range
- Base salary + commission structure
- Ongoing training on prospecting strategies and sales techniques
- Career path potential on our Inside Sales team to train to become an Account Executive
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance available
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
See What Our Employees Are Saying
The office environment is very positive and open
I had the opportunity to intern with Timberlane Team over the Summer and I enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone in the office was very welcoming and as well as the artisans on the manufacturing floor whenever I ran into them. It is apparent that management wants its employees to succeed. For example, when goals are accomplished the team is rewarded and the office environment is very positive and open which allows for a lot of collaboration. Overall, I had a great experience working at Timberlane.
Everyone is happy and feels like they’re part of a family
Morning meetings ensure that everyone knows what the game plan is for the day. Management is great and they never make you feel like they’re above you or better than you. The after-hours activities that are set up are a very creative way to keep everyone happy and feel like they’re part of a family. Interacting with everyone is truly the best part of the job because everyone was super friendly and inviting.
I enjoy my morning commute and look forward to the week enfolding
It’s not every day you get to wake up and continue to enjoy commuting to work. I’ve had the privilege of working with a wonderful group of people who are truly masters of their craft who welcomed me to the Timberlane family with open arms.
Benefits of Working for Timberlane
Perks & Discounts
Apply To This Position
Timberlane Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.