Color is such a personal decision, which is why Timberlane offers a palette of 24 Premium Paint Colors as well as custom color-matching. For Premium Wood Shutters, we offer a variety of additional finishing options, too. Whether you like traditional or bold, contrasting or complementary, you’re free to go with whatever color best reflects your individual style.
Timberlane’s special factory multi-step painting process delivers rich colors and long-lasting beauty. Our Premium Colors are applied with a specially formulated water-based paint and finish.
Timberlane’s factory-applied painting process maintains a rich, vibrant luster and protects the shutter from direct exposure to rain, snow, moisture, and UV rays. To see our Premium Paint color options, view or download our Shutter Color Chart.
Custom Color Matching
If you don’t see the color you want, or have a very specific color in mind, we will custom match your paint color. Really, any color you want – we’ll make it happen! Details on Custom Color Matching here.
Many customers desire finishes that enhance the fine grain of their wooden shutters.
- Unfinished: Timberlane always recommends a protective coat be applied to raw wood to ensure long-lasting beauty. This option provides you with the flexibility to apply your own desired finish.
- Prime: Our surface preparation and priming techniques save time for you. We apply one coat of superior tannin-blocking millwork primer so your shutters are field-ready. A light sanding prior to painting is recommended.
- Clear Coat: For customers who want to achieve a more rustic, natural look, a clear finish is added to the wood to offer protection from the elements. Recommended only for certain species of fine-grain wood.
- Stained: A natural wood-color stain brings out the beauty of the grain while darkening the wood to your desired shade and hue. The shutters are then finished with a clear coat to give added protection from the elements while allowing the grain to shine through.
- Semi-Transparent Color Wash: Our semi-transparent color wash provides the desired coloration while highlighting the natural grain. In addition, this finish also protects the wood from weather and wear. Available in our 24 Premium Paint colors.
A special note about wood finishes:
Variations in grain and coloring will always be a part of natural wood products. These unique traits are a result of growing conditions, which create the distinctive grains and mineral streaks and add to the wood’s overall attractiveness.
Stains enhance the uniqueness of each piece of wood, highlighting differences and variations across shutters. These variations are not a defect. In fact, coloring differences, mineral streaks, and unusual graining are widely considered to be characteristic of natural wood and part of its overall appeal.