Five Exterior Shutter Care Tips
Keep your Timberlane Shutters looking beautiful for years to come! Here are some tips on annual exterior shutter care.
- Brush away any debris that has collected behind the shutters! Say goodbye to twigs, leaves, and even nests!
- Check your hardware. Wipe down with a soft cloth and touch up any nicks with a rust-preventative paint, available at your local hardware store.
- Wash shutters with a mild soap solution and soft cloth each fall. Let dry in the sun.
- Secure capping. If capping is loose, gently remove it, add clear silicone caulk to the underside, and reapply.
- If you have operable louver shutters, tighten louver tension screws (sides of shutters).